Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tele Remote Bogger Operator
Job Number: GGM-2020-XUG-08
Number of Positions: 02.
Works For: Supervisor UG Mining
• Completion of secondary school Education
• Valid Tanzanian Driving License with underground driving experience
• RCT Level 1 training certificate of completion will be an added advantage
• A formal qualification (Diploma/certificate) in Mining Engineering will be an added advantage
• 05 years of experience working as a Tele Remote Bogger Operator in UG Mining
• Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices, Mining Load and Haul Cycle and the efficient operations of an Underground Remote Loader equipment.
• Good Aptitude of RCT remote control systems for underground mines.
• A sound mechanical knowledge of various Caterpillar/Elphinstone loaders specifically, CAT2900 loaders.
Purpose of the Role:
• To carry out loading and dumping cycles from production stopes into allocated stockpiles using a PC remote control bogging system and the manual loading of trucks from free- bogging stopes and stockpiles. Afore mentioned done in line with specific remote loading plan.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Bog development headings and stockpiles to trucks as required and also remote bog from stopes and loading into trucks.
• Ensure remote loading from stopes to be done in line with approved and signed off remote loading level plan and not otherwise.
• Inspect stope brow before bogging and during shift in line with mine standard operating procedure.
• Ensure that laser barricades and physical barricades are tested and serviceable and level is clear of equipment, personnel or obstructions before remote loading commences.
• Ensure efficiency of the work practice to maximize productivity while working safely.
• Bog out and clean faces ensuring it is left acceptable for next cycle. This may also include hosing down with water for dust suppression, scaling and working level roadway maintenance.
• Keep all roads in working area tidy and free from potential hazards before, during and after bogging has been completed on the level.
• Continuously educate and train the operator trainees in all aspects of remote and free- bogging operations and mining practices and procedures.
• Work to minimize equipment down time and maximize productivity.
• Ensure inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
• Ensure that all tools are serviceable and safe.
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
• Advise underground shift supervisor and dispatch when items of equipment are out of service and when they can be returned to service.
• Liaise with underground shift supervisor to ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner.
• Perform pre-start checks and SWICs before carrying out any task.
• Carry out standard workplace inspection practices and procedures.
• Complete shift plod and carrying out cross-shift handovers at the end of each shift.
• Ensure tele-remote PC is kept clean and locked when not in use and parked in designated parking area.
• First Aid knowledge.
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working
• Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language.
• Excellent hand/eye co-ordination.
• Ability to maintain high standards of housekeeping within the mine.
• Ability to recognize potential mining hazards and risks.
• Ability to listen and take instructions and work in a team.
• Must be able to work under pressure with minimum/or zero supervision
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be Tele Remote Bogger Operator and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e-mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews
Senior Human Resources Manager,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental Senior Supervisor Technical. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 5th October 2020 – 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.