JOB TITLE: Finance and Procurement Officer (1 Post)
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Executive Secretary
We are looking for a Finance & Procurement Officer to take charge of the financial health of our company by administering accounting operations. You should also have excellent organizational skills, and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks. -Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures of ProjeKt Inspire (T) Limited.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Keep accurate records for all daily transactions; prepare balance sheets and process invoices.
● Record accounts payable and accounts receivable, update internal systems with financial data and create efficient and effective methods for tracking financial data.
● Reconcile bank statement; participate in financial audits, track bank deposits and payments.
● Implement and adhere to the companies or organization’s financial procedures and policies.
● Coordinate and execute financial transactions and activities, such as bill payment, invoicing, payroll, etc.
● Prepare regular financial reports and assist in the presentation of reports to managers and executives.
● Create and adhere to budgets for specific departments, projects, and business needs
● Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies and managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
Required Education and Experience
● Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management or any other related field
● Minimum 3 years’ experience working in administration and financial management in a company or international development setting, including experience in grants and contracts administration, budget reporting and monitoring, cost proposal preparation, accounting and financial analysis experience
● Commitment to enforce compliance with policies, guidelines and regulations
● Knowledge of finance and accounting software packages.
● Demonstrated experience of working in a busy, high-paced environment Familiarity with the Government of Tanzania’s laws, financial acts & policies and regulations governing finance management and compliance for companies
● Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. Passion for STEM education.
● Application should be addressed to the Human and administration office, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of Application for finance and procurement officer.
● Application should be in one document that has, your updated CV with three contactable professional referees and cover letter.
● Application which does not include all of these details will not be considered.
Note: The closing date for this application is 12th March, 2021, 5:00 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.