Project Assistant - WASH SDG
Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
WASH SDG Programme aims to sustainably improve access to and use of sanitation services and improve hygiene behaviours in the coming three years (2019-2022). It is built on three core strategic objectives, namely (1) increasing demand for improved WASH facilities and practices, (2) improving the quality of service provision and by (3) improving governance of the sector. The programme will contribute to achieving access to safely managed sanitation and improved hygiene behaviour for 200,000 and 160,000 people respectively in peri-urban/urban areas of Shinyanga and Arusha municipalities/cities.
Overview of the Position:
SNV through this new project is wishing to invite interested Tanzanians to work as a Project Assistant from May 2021 to September 2022 to assist on the project activities in new areas and facilitate support on various activities in core areas.
Responsibilities of the position:
· Support on-the-ground implementation of the WASH SDG Programme on Hand washing technology, support OHS committees, Registered mason groups, manual emptiers, and support other advisors when need arise
· To successfully support the WASH SDG SNV Team through the accurate and timely delivery of administrative and financial processes
· Play a key role in all the Monitoring & Evaluation tasks of the programme, including data collection coordination, analysis and presentation of findings
· Carry out specific desk and field-based research to support additional evidence required to inform programme interventions
· Network and strengthen relationships with all city level stakeholders from both private, public and non-governmental entities, and represent SNV at various events/meetings when required
· Innovate and create engaging documentation of programme activities including video, audio and written materials
· Backstop support for interns on administrative, logistical and financial procedures required by the programme
· Bachelor’s degree
· Prior experience of SNV systems and processes
· Proficiency in excel (including pivot tables for data analysis)
· Experience of Akvo FLOW system desirable
· Track record of working on WASH related issues
· Demonstrated experience in Urban sanitation,
· Have experience of working with media,
· Have good writing skills
· Willingness to be based in Shinyanga or Mwanza (To be determined)
Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Desired Skills and attitude:
· Coordinating and processing administrative and financial related processes during workshops, trainings and events
· Use of data collection tools (specifically Akvo FLOW), and use of excel for data analysis (including experience of pivot tables)
· Working with media on different engagements such launching, and specific television and radio programs etc
· Supporting data collection and cleaning using Akvoflow
· Engaging with mechanical emptiers, local masons and public toilets innovations and understanding their challenges
· Engaging and fostering strong relationships with government and private stakeholders, particularly city council and utility representatives
· Supporting and understanding Urban Sanitation and Hygiene activities and understanding of different interventions along the sanitation service chain
· Excellent interpersonal skills and strong team player spirit
· Multi-tasking, analytical thinking and ability to summarise key points
· Advanced written and oral communication skills in English
· Ability to work comfortably and effectively with limited supervision, either at own initiative or under direction
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WASH experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org.
How to Apply:
The vacancy is for SNV Tanzania Internal candidates only and it will active up to 12th April 2021 and all application should be through Smart Recruiters on the following link